Stone floors are tough, but they're also subject to stress. Grit, impact, and in some cases compromised setting of the stone can be big issues. Stone floor restoration deals with all these issues, and prevents damage. Stone polishing and cleaning can make your place look like a palace, and save you a fortune in maintenance and repair.
Stone surfaces basics
Stone surfaces can take a lot of wear and tear. They're very reliable, but they do have some weak spots that need watching:
- Grit: Grit acts as an abrasive, sanding down surfaces as it moves. This also destroys the finish on the stone, and may aggravate minor structural flaws in the stone, widening them. These flaws act as stress fractures, causing stone to chip.
- Pressure:Stone takes stress loads like any other material. Some weights can affect it, or affect the set of the stones, creating cracking, splits along joins, and other unsafe situations.
- Scuffing and scratching: This is normal wear, but it can remove finish on stone, exposing it to damage. Limestone, for example, is fine with a good finish, but if exposed reacts to acids, pitting and damaging the surface.
The safety issues on stone floors are more serious. Damage is preventable and fixable, but the safety situation has to be given priority.
- Cracked or broken stone:This is a real risk, to people and to the floor itself. The problems can spread in some cases as the surface receives unusual pressure as a result of the damage, doing progressive damage.
- Uneven, damaged surfaces: The uneven surface is a tripping hazard and can cause injury.
- Non slip surfaces: Deterioration of the non-slip treatment can occur in some stones. Some treated stones like flamed blue stones are quite OK, but age and damage can create hazards in this area. It's better to be sure, and make sure your stone gets full restoration. (Note: If in any doubt, consult an expert in stone restoration to make sure you just don't have this problem at all. Stone is easier to fix than people.)
Stone restoration is tailored to the type of stone. All flooring stone is different, quality varies, and age and types of wear also vary. The good news is that a stone restoration job will restore not only the look of your stone, but will extend its life considerably.
These are some of the great types of stone restoration work available:
- Slate cleaning
- Stone cleaning
- Marble polishing
- Marble cleaning
- Stone polishing
Restoration work normally includes:
- Cleaning and polishing: Thorough restoration to top quality standards.
- Cleansing and restoration: Intensive cleansing, removes grime, stains and grit.
- Grinding: Scratch removal, restores the floor surface and removes the problems this damage causes, as well.
- Re-vitrification: This is a surface cut, removing the damaged areas and creating a new surface.
- Sealing: Critically important, sealing protects the whole floor surface from damage.
You'll be astonished by what these restorations can achieve.
Focus on your core business
Your business provides specialized products and/or services. Each business function that does not directly support, develop or improve your products/services- like facility services - can be outsourced. For example, outsourcing your business's cleaning needs to janitorial contractors allows you and your team to concentrate on your core competencies and mission-critical objectives, not cleaning your facility.
We offer our expertise’s
Just like your company has expertise in a particular field, outsourced facility service providers are highly specialized companies, whether they be janitorial contractors, landscapers, or mechanical maintenance contractors/handymen. They have the experience and expertise to manage your facility better than you do because it's what they do. And they are always at the forefront of technological advancements in their industry, ensuring that clients are receiving the best efficiencies in facility operations.
An outsourced facility services provider, such as a janitorial contractor, affords you a higher level of service at a lower cost, bringing world-class capabilities to your facility not otherwise available from in-house resources.
Another word for scalability: flexibility. Outsourcing lets you easily adjust the level of staffing for facility operations on an as-needed basis, helping you control operating costs and easily adjust for changes in staffing and service requirements.
Learn more about how Star Service Corp. can benefit your business.
Outsourcing your facility services means more than just finding quality janitorial contractors to clean your facilities. It's a strategic business decision with many great benefits. And it all comes down to a single bottom-line: making your business better. Outsourcing your facility services can give you a competitive advantage by providing the time you need to help you grow your business and outshine your competition.
In-House Cleaning Costs are Frequently Higher than Contracting shocking? When evaluating your in-house operation, you should consider the following costs:
• Labor: This includes regular custodians, supervisory staff, "specialty" cleaners trained in areas such as floor care, carpet maintenance, windows, etc, equipment and supply technicians, and overtime premiums.
• Fringe Benefits: Holidays, Vacations, Sick Leave, Medical and or Family Leave, 401K, Pension, etc.
• Equipment: Vacuums, Trash Carts, Extractors, Cleaning Products, Cleaning Cloths and Mops, Dust Mops, Uniforms, etc.
• Taxes: Workman's Compensation
• Insurance: Commercial Auto, Liability, Bonding, Commercial Property, Janitorial Supplies and Equipment Floater, Commercial Umbrella, Lost Key Liability, Employee Benefits Liability, etc
• General and Administrative: Accounting, Depreciation, Interest, Labor Relations, Training, Vehicles, OSHA Compliance, Right to Know, Wrongful Discharge, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Incentive and Recognition Programs, Quality Management, etc.
When you need to choose a janitorial service company, and you don't have an idea where to start, the following advice can help you figure out important issues that you should consider before hiring a janitorial service. These are not difficult to follow and will take little effort, but will save you a lot of time and money in finding the most qualified janitorial service for your business.
The janitorial cleaning services contractor, not the customer, bears the expense of purchasing new janitorial cleaning services equipment. The janitorial cleaning services contractor pays for repairs and maintenance of janitorial cleaning equipment. The janitorial cleaning services contractor coordinates all the janitorial cleaning services, including housekeeping, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, floor waxing, special project cleaning such as wall washing, when they are provided by one janitorial cleaning services contractor.
Thе Benefits аnd Importance οf Green Cleaning
Living іn 2011 thе importance οf taking care οf ουr environment hаѕ become more essential thаn еνеr before. Wе hear thе words “eco-friendly”, “environmentally-friendly” аnd “going green” a lot more thаn wе hаνе іn thе past аnd thіѕ іѕ whу green cleaning іn commercial аnd residential businesses hаѕ become ѕο рοрυlаr аnd effective.